Senior Associate Strategy & Research
About the role
For our Strategy and Research team, we are currently looking for a Senior Associate. The Senior Associate is part of the Global Strategy and Research team and will ideally be based at the EMEA headquarters at Schiphol in the Netherlands where this team is located. The tasks of the Senior Associate consist of:
- Have a leading role in the co-ordination, calculation, quality control, back testing and improvement of our global return forecasts, which are based on market rent and yield forecasts from other team members in three continents
- Assist in the organization of a global house view creation in which we assess 300+ real estate markets in terms of expected performance and risk, and contribute to improvements
- Support in the creation of client presentation decks and slides for various investment programs on aspects related to our house view and to our investment research
- Regularly join and occasionally replace the head of the team during client presentations
- Contribute to the creation of bespoke model portfolios to meet objectives and constraints of specific existing or prospective investment programs
- Contribute to materials for the analysis of anticipated investment performance of various real estate investment programs relative to their benchmarks
- Track developments in global investment and investor markets
- (Co-)author white papers anchored on quantitative research related to global investments
- Update, maintain and create Excel data tools
- Answer ad-hoc quantitative research questions from investment programs, clients and prospective clients
- You have an academic degree in real estate finance, finance, business administration/economics, econometrics, economics or other relevant degrees; a PhD is a plus
- Affinity with real estate
- You have at least 4 years of working experience in top-down investment research
- You have very strong analytical and quantitative skills
- You have very strong MS Excel skills; an in-depth Excel test will be part of the job interview
- Ideally you have experience with econometrics software
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills
- As a person you are a team player with a flexible attitude; you are accurate, communicative and pragmatic
- The international environment requires excellent oral en writing skills in English
About the team / department
You will be part of the Strategy & Research team at Schiphol. This team, consisting of an investment researcher, information specialists and an intern, is growing. You will be reporting to the Head of Global Quantitative Strategy & Research. It is a multi-national team and we welcome the diversity this brings.
About CBRE Global Investors
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what we do.
We are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables us to give our clients a significant competitive edge as we can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
More information? How to apply?
Are you the candidate that we are looking for? Would you like to be part of our organisation?
Please apply via the button below with your cv and a cover letter. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Corporate Recruiter Mariëlle Loenen (email@example.com / +31 650005900).