Jr. Financial Software Engineer
About the role
At CBRE Global Investors people, technology and innovation drive the success of the business. The Digital & Technology department’s primary focus is to be an indispensable partner to the business, who delivers solutions to help the business achieve our 4P’s. Through technology and related business solutions we enable superior investment decisions for our internal clients, driving exceptional business performance. We strive to ensure stability of the systems and continuously look for innovative ways to grow and adapt to changing business needs.
The tasks of the (Jr) Financial Software Engineer are to:
- Participate in Agile SCRUM projects;
- Translate business requirements into model design;
- Implement model enhancements or new models and test end-user processes;
- Create/deliver correspondence, presentations, and other materials where applicable;
- Respond to business inquiries involving the models and related process questions;
- Work on complex model problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic young professional with 1-3 years’ work experience that meets the following profile:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, with an emphasis on Information Technology or Computer Science;
- Financial/ Real Estate industry experience is preferred;
- Progress towards CFA is preferred;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is preferred;
- Experience with financial analytics / modeling would be an advantage;
- Experience with Anaplan would be an advantage;
- Willingness to learn SQL, Golang and Angular;
- Self-motivated, smart and quick to learn;
- Interest in, and focus on, customers and passionate about creating good user experiences;
- Strong analytical skills and well-developed judgement;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude;
- Stress resistant, structured and accurate;
- Team player;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
About the team
You will be part of the Global Digital & Technology team based at Schiphol. In this position you initially will join the Global Anaplan SCRUM team that is responsible for creating and maintaining Real Estate asset and portfolio level forecasting models and Real Estate market research models and analytics.
Anaplan is used as our primary tool to support these models. With the team you are responsible for maintaining and enhancing models in Anaplan. You will be required to translate business requirements into model design and responsible for the timely delivery of new functionality according to the Agile SCRUM methodology. You will be interacting with business users and required to support them with their internal and external reporting processes.
About CBRE Global Investors
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what we do.
We are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables us to give our clients a significant competitive edge as we can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
How to apply?
Are you the candidate that we are looking for and would you like to be part of our organisation? Apply via the button below. Any questions? Feel free to contact our Recruiter Mariëlle Loenen, she will answer your questions via marielle.Loenen@cbreglobalinvestors.com or +31 6 5000 5900
- 1-2 jaar