Investment Analyst (fluent in English & Dutch)
About the role
We have an opening for a real estate investment analyst, based in Amsterdam, working within the Continental Europe Team of the EMEA Direct Separate Accounts business line. Client portfolios managed by this team are multi-sector and pan-European. The individual will support all aspects of portfolio management functions including acquisitions, disposals, quarterly/annual valuation of investments, capital investment projects and client and internal reporting. The individual will work closely with the portfolio managers, portfolio finance teams and with country based Asset Management and Transaction teams.
Investment monitoring and investment analysis
- Support the portfolio managers in the analysis of the portfolio and underlying investments. The candidate will develop in depth knowledge of the assets, management, structure and finances of the investments.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio forecasting model, including detailed analysis of individual assets.
- Ensure portfolio data and statistics are maintained, including associated systems.
- Support the portfolio managers in all aspects of the analysis and assessment of new investments.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external approvals for investments and divestments.
Regular portfolio activities
- Assist with preparation of annual hold / sell analyses and monitor throughout the year.
- Assist with the annual portfolio planning processes, including business plans and budgeting.
- Assist and coordinate internal and client reporting requirements, including quarterly reporting, valuations and performance.
- Assist with the preparation of client strategies and recommendations.
Marketing and equity raising
- Assist in the preparation of material used for capital raising for separate accounts. This can be through the completion of Requests for Proposal, but also preparation of marketing materials like pitch-books and presentations to prospective investors.
- Assist with the preparation of investment allocation and portfolio construction advice as well as with proposals to prospective clients.
What do you have to offer us?
- Two to three years relevant industry experience, ideally acquired in a real estate investment or investment management environment.
- Must be degree educated and have strong financial skills. The applicant would ideally have a relevant accounting, economics, finance, or real estate qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in English and Dutch are required for this role.
- Good understanding of financial modelling with a high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Willingness/ability to travel within Europe, often with relatively short notice.
- Flexible approach to work.
What do we have to offer you?
We offer you the opportunity to join the CBRE Global Investors Value Creators Programme. Within this 18-month Programme you can fulfil challenging training, tasks or projects in the fields of Asset Management, Transactions and Fund management. You will get familiar with the CBRE Global Investors way of investing and have the chance to boost your personal and professional development, focusing on both technical as well as soft skills. You will follow the training sessions together with all other EMEA Analysts at the different European offices of CBRE Global Investors. It will give you the perfect opportunity to boost your career and build an (international) network in the real estate investment industry.
About the team / department
This position is with the Amsterdam based Continental Europe team of EMEA Separate Accounts (i.e. European clients investing in Europe), located at the World Trade Centre, Schiphol. This position with the team arises following the recent relocation of the employee who had held it for the past years.
The EMEA Separate Accounts group at Schiphol currently comprises approximately 13 professionals, the majority in portfolio management functions and is supported by a dedicated financial management team (CFO and controllers). The Continental Europe portfolio management team having this opening comprises four members (including this roll). You will report to the senior portfolio manager, who co-heads the Amsterdam based team and primarily working with this team. However, from time to time there maybe the opportunity to work on special projects with other teams or departments. The separate accounts team members are multinational in origin and we welcome the diversity this brings.
About CBRE Global Investors
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what we do.
We are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables us to give our clients a significant competitive edge as we can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
Further information / application
Are you the candidate that we are looking for and would you like to be part of our organisation? Apply via the button below (please add your cv and a cover letter). Any questions? Feel free to contact our Recruiter Mariëlle Loenen, she will answer your questions via Marielle.firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 5000 5900.
- 1-2 jaar
- 2-5 jaar