Deputy Global Portfolio Manager
About the role
As we continue to grow our global business, CBRE Global Investment Partners has identified the need to recruit a Deputy Global Portfolio Manager within the Global Portfolio Management team.
The role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be an influential part of the portfolio management team directly working on a number of large global mandates domiciled in Europe. As such, the role will include supporting the Senior Portfolio Manager on investment plan formulation, transaction assessment, on-going monitoring of investment and client management.
As a member of the Global Portfolio Management Team, the candidate will have a direct impact on the growth of the global separate account business and be involved in the formulation of strategies for multiple clients across the globe. You will report to the Senior Global Portfolio Manager.
- Focus on the management of some of our largest global separate accounts, most with a low risk orientation. This will involve portfolio construction, active participation in the review of investment proposals, on-going monitoring of investments and portfolios and reporting to clients through production of quarterly reports and client presentations;
- The candidate will be actively involved in preparing client investment plans and ensure that portfolios are positioned in accordance with market views and recommended strategies within the restrictions;
- The candidate will be expected to actively take the lead for client projects and for responses to client requests, supported by two analysts;
- The candidate will be required to have a thorough understanding of the forecast returns for individual stocks and maintain awareness of relevant issues that may impact portfolios;
- The candidate will be part of the Global Portfolio Management and will demonstrate effective collaboration within Global Investment Partners (regional investment teams, financial operations team and Analytics) as well as the wider firm;
- The successful candidate will be involved in new client pursuits and over time become responsible for the management of some separate account clients.
As team member
- Coaches junior team members to develop skills and competencies
- Leads by example and model's behaviours consistent with the company's core values
What do you have to offer us?
- c. 8 years relevant industry experience; real estate investment background preferably with experience in a related field (economics/finance/investment);
- Strong sense of responsibility for designated clients, focus on high degree of client satisfaction and delivering to a high standard of production;
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Accurate under time pressure and exceptional attention to detail;
- Enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team with good interpersonal skills;
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion, and
- Flexible approach to work and willingness/ability to travel.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong work ethic and ambition;
- Must be degree educated and preferably have a relevant economics, finance, or real estate qualification.
About CBRE GIP
CBRE Global Investment Partners is a market leader in the provision of indirect customised global real estate investment solutions, and acts as a strategic partner to institutional investors to understand, advise and execute investment needs.
As at the end of June 2019 CBRE GIP had total assets under management of approximately US$30bn. The business is performing well, generating healthy EBITDA margins allowing it to be very well resourced and providing the ability to attract and retain talent. We believe this is critical to delivering a market leading service and has contributed to CBRE GIP being named Global Indirect Manager of the Year for the past four years by the PERE magazine.
Further information and how to apply?
Are you the candidate that we are looking for? Would you like to be part of our organisation? Please apply via the button below. Please send your CV and a cover letter. In case you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our corporate recruiter Mariëlle Loenen (+31 6 5000 5900 / email@example.com).