We have a job opening available for an experienced controller to join the financial team of EMEA Separate Accounts at our London/Amsterdam office. We have the need for an extra resource to cover the increase in managed accounts and assets under management.
As a portfolio controller, you will be responsible for several assigned international investment portfolios within the business line, two of which concern German regulated real estate investment funds (REIFs) – governed by the German Capital Investment Act (Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch “KAGB”).
The new hire will be responsible for accurate and timely delivery of financial analysis and reporting, cash flow forecast, assisting in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning (gather and analyse data for budgeting & forecasting processes);
She or he implements processes to ensure compliance with reporting and risk monitoring requirements; Has knowledge of the main German accounting and reporting requirements, notably within the German regulated environment (KAGB); Manages client relationships on financial matters for various portfolios; Supports new business initiatives and plays a role in the implementation and maintenance of accounting processes and systems.
- Financial reporting: review and verification of financial information including monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for separate account portfolios prior to submittal to clients or regulatory bodies (for example BAFIN in Germany) providing qualitative analyses, comments and variance analysis vs budget
- Planning: semi-annual review of assets’ business plans, consolidation at portfolio level and reporting
- Performance measurement: deliver periodic P&L calculations at portfolio level, monitor financial performance, provide forward-looking analysis and strategic finance related advice to the portfolio manager, program or local CFOs.
- Oversight on service providers in preparing periodic financial statements/reporting
- Oversight together with the local CFOs: i) tax and regulatory/compliance issues the investment fund and its subsidiaries ii) preparation of periodic regulatory and audit reports iii) cash management: income/capital upstream from subsidiaries to the investors, as well as capital calls as required.
- Collaboration with the Portfolio Management and local Transaction Teams during Real Estate Transactions to oversee financial related items notably on Portfolio level. Assisting on structuring investments and raising capital
- She/he is a contact point for investors on financial matters. Feeds data for client presentations. Design and preparation of client presentations on financials. Reviews IRR and performance models
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of six years accounting and controlling experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Able to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts complex financial/business analyses including the preparation of complex reports.
- Advanced technical financial skills and comprehensive knowledge of IFRS and ideally local GAAPs , preferably German Capital Investment GAAP.
- Fluency in English and good proficiency in German.
- Experience with regulated funds and institutional investors is an advantage.
- Previous working experience in the real estate investment management industry is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with YARDI will be considered a plus.
- Flexible approach to work (there will be peaks in work hours).
- Team spirit, strong work ethic and attention to details, able to manage multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Pro-active/ self-supportive, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Time management and prioritisation abilities.
The EMEA Separate Accounts group currently comprises approximately 20 professionals, the majority in portfolio management functions and is supported by a dedicated financial management team. You will report to the EMEA program CFO. The separate accounts team members are multinational in origin and we welcome the diversity this brings.
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what we do.
We are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables us to give our clients a significant competitive edge as we can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
Are you the candidate that we are looking for and would you like to be part of our organisation? Apply via the button below (please add a cover letter). Any questions? Feel free to contact our Recruiter Mariëlle Loenen, she will answer your questions via Marielle.email@example.com or +31 650005900